At Advantage Partners, we are committed to considering Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues. As an initiative to realize the sustainable growth of the international society and global economy, the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) were advocated in 2006 by Mr. Kofi Annan, the then Secretary-General of the United Nations and institutional investors worldwide and ESG issues are defined as core elements to be addressed in the processes of investment decisions and management based on PRI.
Since its foundation, Advantage Partners has set the goal of “supporting investment processes and company management processes after investment in a way that allows all the related parties to enjoy the economic values through investment by the funds,” and has been working under the “Fairness Advantage” code of conduct which sets the guideline of “realizing sustainable growth based on coexistence with the society”. Our commitment to ESG issues are rooted in our corporate culture, and we will further integrate ESG issues to our investment activities going forward.
At the same time, we envision unique and important roles that private equity can play in promoting ESG initiatives. The strong governance and relationship with the portfolio companies, a unique characteristic of private equity investments, and the hands-on support provided by Advantage Partners can be an ideal combination which demonstrates how investors and businesses would work together to address and solve today’s ESG issues.
Under such a concept, we became a signatory organization of PRI in January 2016 and have promoted the responsible investment practices. We are determined to steadily work on new challenges placed on the international society and global economy step by step.
- The six Principles of PRI -
- Principle 1:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2:
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3:
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4:
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5:
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6:
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.